It is called “Project Sunrise”
A 1.4 million-square-foot distribution building is under construction in southern Dallas County, which some real estate sources say is leased to Procter & Gamble. The project is situated next to Whirlpool Corp.’s regional warehouse, which cost more than $40 million to build in 2011. The tenant is expected to employ about 500 full- and part-time employees.
WILMER, TEXAS. Wilmer is at the junction of Interstate Highway 45/U.S. Highway 75 and Cottonwood Creek, fourteen miles southeast of downtown Dallas in southeastern Dallas County. Andrew K. Gray, the holder of the original land patent arrived in the area before 1850. The community was called Prairie Valley when the Houston and Texas Central Railroad established a stop in 1872. The earliest of several dates given for the founding of Wilmer is 1876. In 1883 J. W. Johnson, a settler from Tennessee, and later the first postmaster, arrived. In 1884 the post office located in Prairie Valley was renamed Wilmer, after A. J. Wilmer, a conductor on the Houston and Texas Central, who often passed through town. By 1890 Wilmer was a thriving agricultural community raising cotton to be shipped on the Houston and Texas Central and had a population of 100, two churches, a steam mill and cotton gin, and two general stores.